Friday, March 13, 2020

Not The Post I Planned to Post

I had a happy in life post all set for today.  I was supposed to be in San Francisco all week; I was so proud that I had written a week ahead.

But I flew home two days early, foregoing a trip to Marin to hike and hear some music with dear friends, leaving my boy a day sooner than I planned, refusing to be a vector any more than necessary. 

The airport was empty at both ends. 

The grocery store had all the foods we needed.  The 20-something cashier was surprised that we thought it would get worse.

And now we're home, hunkered down for the duration.  We've heard from every family member on both sides, nice long phone conversations filled with love and stories and reassurances.  There will be a lot of FaceTime and letter writing and closet cleaning going on. 

All in all, we shouldn't be any more worried than any other American who doesn't live paycheck to paycheck or depend on the gig economy to pay the rent.  I can't imagine adding that anxiety to the agita that's stirring my soul right now. 

I have all that I need and the ones I love are safe. I hope that you denizens can say the same.

Stay safe. 

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wise choice where we really don't know what to expect from this. I do know it's hitting businesses hard, which means people out of work-- sick or not. I worry about family especially our daughter where she manages her husband's veterinary clinic and people come in sick or not. I try to be calm about it as what else can we do. Your being home will be one less worry for me to count off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like you, too, Rain <3
      Hope your daughter can stay healthy; those who must interact with the public are at so much greater risk.
      Now, I go to download another of your novels. With no place I have to go, I have time to indulge!
      a/b

      Delete
  2. Our daughter called to tell us that their church and schools have shut down for the duration. She is taking the kids to the coast to walk in the redwoods for today. each day will be an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The redwoods will soothe their souls. Grace Cathedral is closed too, as Monday's post will tell.
      Stay safe.
      a/b

      Delete
  3. It's like waiting for a hurricane, isn't it? We know it's coming, we don't know where it will hit. Our HOA has closed everything, the doors are literally locked. I guess we'll be hiking in the desert a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!