Thursday, February 23, 2023

I'm Glad She Spoke - A Snippet

I understand that there may be issues with the trial down the road.  But delaying tactics will be no surprise when it comes to holding TFG legally responsible, so, really, what's the big deal.

Watching Emily Kohrs, the foreperson (and how I loved seeing that scrolling across my screen) of the Atlanta grand jury investigating election meddling, made me smile.  It made me laugh out loud.  

This 30 year old woman didn't vote in 2016 nor in 2020, yet she waxed eloquent on the virtues of participation in the government. 

It's the only way it works.

Out of the mouths of babes.

5 comments:

  1. Was she the one who said she relished the idea of getting him under subpoena? The one that now turns out to be a witch, not that that matters but that one's loud mouth could ruin any chance of indictments surviving but sure played to the media loving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that about her. She certainly enjoyed herself.
      a/b

      Delete
  2. I should have added that i was once in a jury pool where anybody who volunteered from the pool could be on a grand jury. I had, before that, believed those on grand juries know more. At least in Oregon, that was not the case. I btw didn't volunteer for it as it's a month long commitment there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From a legal perspective her comments ultimately may make no difference, but it's clear she wanted to make the most of her 15 minutes of fame......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And she did do that, didn't she? I enjoyed her enjoying the moment, in a totally accessible way to someone, like herself, who was previously uninterested in the whole democracy thing :-)
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!