Monday, February 20, 2023

A Cleaning Frenzy

It came over me all at once.  Every where I looked, there were manageable tasks just waiting to be tackeld.  My nightshirt was comfortable, my Kizik's made me feel as if I were floating on air; I got to work.

I sorted out my closet, after coming to the shocking realization that I will never again be a size 6.  There are Banana Republic and Ralph Lauren and Carlisle Trunk Show black wool slacks that come no where close to zipping, let alone snapping.  

Plus, they have belt loops.  I've already consigned my belts to the Give Away box; I see no reason to deal with anything more complicated than an elastic waist.  I hung the trousers beneath dry cleaning plastic bags as they started their journey to one of the many clothing banks around town.  

There are two more "areas of interest" in the closet, but they required more thinking than I was willing to expend at the moment.  They can wait.  They don't detract from the work that's done.

I moved on to the kitchen.  Countertops were cleaned and polished.  The cooktop glistens.  TBG vacuumed all the floors.  Our public spaces are now pristine.

I was not finished.  The garage lay in wait.

The remains of the Christmas decorations were piled along one wall.  The Valentines Day box was nearby.  I've been gathering donations for Deseret Industries  and the Food Bank in bags and cartons along another wall.  Grandma's Garden tools and supplies occupied half of a third wall; that's as far as they got after long days with Prince Scholars left me unable to do more than toss them out of the trunk onto the ever growing pile.

I sorted.  I tossed.  I replaced.  I stacked.  I reorganized. I swept.  I showed off my accomplishments to TBG, who was properly impressed.... awestruck....mesmerized.... well, perhaps I exaggerate.

Later this afternoon, I'm going to Club Congress to celebrate with The Kibbitzer and The Doula and Dr K and a host of other vacationers who are enjoying the clouds and the cold with the rest of us.  Typing to you was the last thing on my list.

My work here is done.  

2 comments:

  1. You make me feel just a little bit guilty for not doing more of what you are doing. But not too guilty. I do grab a few thing now and then to go into a donation bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Guilt Ever. Plaudits Whenever. That's my motto. Small steps when I feel like it and I stop when it's no longer making me smile. Take care of your health before you worry about the stuff.
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!