Friday, February 10, 2023

Super Bowl Sunday

I'm going to celebrate America's unofficial national holiday on Sunday.... although  I won't be putting out the flag.  

Dr K and Not-Kathy will join us for the game... and as much of the pre-game as Dr K can stomach.  We used to go to big Super Bowl parties.  There were snacks and beers and chili and not a man in the kitchen or tending to a child..... unless the child were watching the game from his lap.

When I cared about the game, I found a space on a couch.  For the most part, though, the friends were more fun than the televised entertainment..... except for the commercials.

So, I'll make Little Cuter's Chicken Chili with White Beans, and put out crudites on the football paper plates I bought a gazillion years ago and never remember to take out.  Not-Kathy will have Woodridge Reserve and I'll have prosecco and the boys will splurge on Diet Coke and ice tea.

We're a rowdy crew.

Unless something amazing happens during the game, this will be my last football post of the season.  

Yay.

4 comments:

  1. I remember being dragged to Super Bowl parties years ago even though I know absolutely nothing about football and care even less. My late husband was not at all interested in football and we usually ended up going to a movie theater. Now Don does like football but he doesn't think I have to watch just because he happens to be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will watch, but not intensely. It's more of a cultural literacy thing with me when I don't have a horse in the race. No party, just me in my recliner, with my phone in my hand for when I get bored.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!