Friday, June 17, 2022

Just Wondering

The Committee members repeated it, over and over again.  Donald Trump knew that Mike Pence could not refuse to certify the electors.  Donald Trump knew that there was no credible evidence that the tally was rigged.

I don't think so.

I think it's true to say that the information was conveyed to him.  I think it is true that the words were said and read to him many times.  I don't believe that he was capable of internalizing them, much less acting upon them.

I don't think he's capable of considering the fact that he lost, and that he lost so publicly.  Mary Trump's expose of their family dynamics says it all in the title:  Too Much and Never Enough.  Failure is just not an option in TrumpWorld, especially in the brain of Donald J Trump himself.  

That's not an excuse for his behavior, past and present.  I'm totally diagnosing him from afar.  But I've said all along that you can't fix crazy, and these delusions are just that.... or as they said in the hearing today rubber room material.

10 comments:

  1. Trump knew damn well that he lost, he also knew damn well that Pence had no choice but to certify the Biden win. But a malignant narcissistic criminal who wanted to remain in power did everything he could to do so. He is a clear and present danger to democracy in this country. And so are the people who blindly support him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A narcissist never declares defeat because in their world, there is no defeat. Everyone is to do their bidding. I saw this with my husband's mother for over 30 years. And don't expect a narcissist to change. They will never see the need to change and they will surround themselves with those who don't force the issue. The Trump children remind me so much of my husband's siblings. "We cannot go against our mother, we cannot change her, we can only agree with her and go along with what she wants." No matter who gets hurt, that is the family mantra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear. And you are so much the anti-narcissist <3 <3
      a/b

      Delete
  3. I agree. Because he does not accept defeat, he simply operates as if he won and it is easy for him to self delude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't disagree with you, but for my own sense of sanity and wellbeing I have long since given up trying to fathom the mind of someone without an ounce of integrity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sit on the couch and look at one another and say " You can't fix crazy" and then we change the channel. Integrity is the last thing I'd associate with him
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!