Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Taking Care

I'm sorry.  This is late.  It's also short. 

Everyone in my life is having surgery this week.  I'm in charge of Amster's knee replacement.  

We spent yesterday in the hospital,  last night in her bed,  and this morning arranging medicines and props for the 2 weeks of helpers she has lined up.  

The woman has a lot of friends.  There are people begging for a chance to get in on the recovery. 

What we didn't do was get her kids to figure out how to connect my laptop to her wifi....last night and before school this morning. 

So,  I took to my phone to scribble to you.  A lovely day in Grandma's Garden, a comparison of recovery styles,  an ode to visiting family and friends - they all await you. 

Just not today. 

4 comments:

  1. People begging to get in on helping her recovery, that is heart warming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! She has created a village, an extended family, a safety net. It warms my heart, too.
      a/b

      Delete
  2. Cheering you on as you help your friend and get to see the school kids. You are indeed being a good friend and citizen of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - those are two lovely compliments that are close to my imagined sense of self <3
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!