Friday, October 28, 2022

Oops!

Thanks to JannyLou for noticing that there was no post today.  Yes,  dear friend,  I am healthy,  sane,  and feeling fine.... if somewhat forgetful.

As she said in her followup message,  we are having too much fun. 

We spent yesterday listening to her colleagues compliment our daughter.  She is,  as they noted,  a wonderful human being who is capable of turning chaos into a fully functioning,  well organized,  smoothly humming machine.  

It was lovely seeing that her Oh, Mom attitude regarding my messy desk,  my impossible closet,  my overreaction to a seemingly impossible situation is as effective in the workplace as it is in the family.

Without judgement,  without snark, without blame, she sees through the mess to the solution. Even better,  she is able to translate that into actions which empower and enlighten and delights those who thought there was no hope. 

Her boss said that he was thrilled to have her on their team.  

I don't think there's a better feeling in the world than knowing your kid is in the right place and is appropriately valued for her presence.  I may have forgotten to write to you last night,  but don't worry,  JannyLou, I'm just fine. 

6 comments:

  1. I was just getting ready to email you because there had been no post since Monday. Glad to hear you are having a good visit and seeing how much Little Cuter is appreciated by her colleagues. Stay well and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dating of the posts was messed up bc my phone won't let me schedule them. Then, there's the matter of the time zone changes, which apparently flummoxed the system entirely. When I get home I will fix it all. For now, if you scroll down you'll find my verbiage.
      Thanks, for the good thoughts about LC and worrying about me!
      a/b

      Delete
  2. Oh, you are so right about hearing affirming praise for your child, especially when that child is now a successful adult wit children of her own. Congratulations to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just assumed that Flap Jilly had absconded with you and kept you away from your keyboard. It appears I was close to correct. You have been having a much good time with none to spend on a keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was a fiend and an entertainer and certainly a distraction. There have been posts (see my reply to Laura above) but they are hidden.
      I am so tired by the end of the day that my brain screams ENOUGH! There's a reason for menopause and not having babies in the 8th decade of life!!
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!