Monday, April 24, 2023

Yawn

My plane was at 5:45pm until it wasn't. Delayed due to airport runway construction at my change- planes-in-Las Vegas, it would arrive after my also delayed connection.  This was not good. 

I called Southwest and Carolynn changed my flights (without charge, with a helpful and lovely attitude) to the next morning....at 5am until she realized that one was going through LAS also, then at 5:40am through LAX.

Big Cuter motioned to the baby and shrugged, his body language reminding me that we were always awake between 3ish and 5ish anyway so that flight wasn't really as early as it sounded.

We drove on empty roads over the stunningly illuminated Bay Bridge,  past the soon to be defunct stadium of the Oakland A's, who will be the Las Vegas A's now, and took the second exit off the empty highway to the airport.  It was less than an hour from awakening to the gate .... including gate checking my overhead bag because it was a full flight and my new boarding number was in the late B's.

The flights were easy, if packed full.  The gates were close to one another.  There was no turbulence.  I couldn't fall asleep... neither on the plane nor on the couch once I landed and TBG drove us home.  

I deadheaded my container plants.  I swam some easy laps.  I showered and made a simple dinner and watched TV.  

Napping did not happen.

Sleep was instantaneous once my head hit the pillow. My eyes flew open at 6 something,  panicked that the baby and her parents needed me and that I was late to the party. 

It was not the most restful of days or sleeps.   

I'm not looking forward to the second-day-home-at-altitude headache and exhaustion I know is coming this afternoon.  

I'm glad to be home. I'm just very, very tired.  My brain will be awake enough tomorrow to regale you with wit,  whimsy, and basic truths.  Until then..... yawn... I'm not gonna push it. 

Thanks for understanding. 



2 comments:

  1. Coming down off of a baby high will take some time. Be kind to yourself. You are a grandma after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And when I opened my suitcase it smelled like baby!
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!