Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Today's Adventures

The walk from the kids' apartment has many amusements, chief among them (for me, at least) are the informative signs and and pictures along the way.  I finally caught a picture of my favorite one when the sun and clouds didn't obscure the words
The clangor of their coming and going comprised a contrapuntal symphony of cosmopolis. It's onomatopoetic, and evocative of the place, even if the current versions of the rail cars are silent.

At the end of my meandering today, I sat on a bench, looking at The Willie Brown Bridge, otherwise known by everyone as The Bay Bridge, eating soft serve ice cream and thinking of Daddooooo.
When the street lights came on in the summer time, and all the neighborhood kids were in their pajamas, my Dad would wonder aloud Who wants Carvel...... and his car was miraculously filled with lots of hungry humans (this was before seat belts... I'm old) who were admonished to finish the damn things before you get back in the car by my smiling father who was, for the moment, exactly in his element.

He'd have been ecstatic to come home to this perfect little person,
just as I was.

I'm having such a good time.  I don't know how I'll leave on Saturday.

1 comment:

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!