Wednesday, April 12, 2023

So Small

This sock is much too big for her tiny foot. 

The 0-3 month clothes swallow her up entirely. 

Queen T threading (insert blogonym here)'s arm through what seemed like miles of sleeve in the newborn sized onesie was like watching a marathon in slow motion.  The fingers, tiny as they are,  kept getting stuck. 

She and I spent the morning on the couch,  snuggling,  while her parents got some uninterrupted nap time together. Songs were sung. Stories were told. Kisses were given. 

True,  the conversation was a bit one- sided, but when she opened her eyes she looked deep into my soul. 
Can you tell that I'm obsessed?




2 comments:

  1. Yes, and rightly so. How wonderful that you are there sharing these first few days with the precious new life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a perfect two weeks. And they were so generous with her; I never had to be without :-)
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!