Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Watching Him Melt

The man did not look as if he were commanding the room.

He looked small.

There was a Secret Service officer by his side, but there were also 4 uniformed police officers surrounding the defendant as he entered the courtroom.

For what looks like the first time in his entire life, the defendant is being called to account for his actions.  

I didn't listen to his Mar A Lago appearance after his arraignment.  I'm not granting him that space in my head.

I'm absolutely thrilled that the system works, that the rules apply whether you've been a President or a plumber. 

I'm surprised that I'm feeling some sympathy for the guy, though.  His brain must be exploding.  All these new ideas, sensations, consequences appearing as immutable obstacles that money and threats cannot conquer - I'm not certain that he has the capacity to deal with it.

On the other hand, threatening the families of the prosecutors is pretty low.... my moment of sympathy has passed.

4 comments:

  1. i don't care much what happens to trump but don't feel justice is equal in this country, and it should be for all. Hillary got caught paying for a phony dossier (nobody can validate it being true any part) and got a fine. That definitely influenced an election or could have. I didn't watch much of yesterday and never watch his rants as he damages himself the most, I think, but being a narcissist, he'll never know it. Sad that he got so much power with that major a mental issue-- but I am not thrilled with any of them who get elected these days. On the Valley Fever, our neighbor got a few years back, they couldn't identify it for a long time, and he's lived in Tucson all his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is small, a small pathetic little man. A lifelong criminal who cares for nothing or no one but himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The humbling experience of the courtroom has apparently made him nastier than ever. Our local news coverage showed the first few minutes of his Mar a Lago rant and then cut if off, which pleased me. The man is despicable and deserves every legal trial he has coming to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The L.A. Times called last night's rant his "Pity Party." He is now telling the Republicans to defund the DOJ and the FBI.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!