Tuesday, April 25, 2023

A Consumer Product Warning

I saw a commercial last night..... at least, I think it was last night.... I'm so tired from my "vacation" that the clock has lost all meaning.  

I do remember the commercial.  It's rare that an ad for a sweet treat attracts my attention, but this purported to have three of my favorite ingredients - a cone, vanilla ice cream, and a butter cookie.  If only that it had been true.

On tv, the cookie looked like it was wrapped around the ice cream atop a cone.  In reality, the ice cream was topped with miniscule brown chocolate swirls pretending to be sprinkles; butter cookie colored crumbs; and some kind of goo.  

That goo went all the way down through the middle of the vanilla ice cream filling, what little of that ice cream there was.  Instead, there was the cone.  The cone which was the butter cookie, conically configured to confound my taste buds.

I wanted crunch.  I got mush.  I was holding butter cookie a la mode in my hand. 

And, from my perspective, it was even worse than that.  Not only was the bottom half of the above-the-cone ice cream coated in chocolate, but the entire inner surface of the cookie-cone was covered in it as well.  

I don't like chocolate. (Feel free to judge me.)  Chocolate was not advertised as part of the deal. 

And chocolate has no business being anywhere near something that calls itself a butter cookie.  

Butter cookies are safe. You don't have to eat around any part of a butter cookie.  Every bite is just as good as the last. They come in comforting containers that your grandfather would open with his strong and gnarly fingers before gently proffering one from his big, soft hand.  They were my father's favorite snack.

The butter cookie cone is a bad idea.  Would you choose a frozen butter cookie over one stored at room temperature?  There's a sogginess factor involved in a defrosted cookie which does not translate well to the expectations one has for an ice cream cone. (cf paragraph 5 above) 

There's not one part of this that I can recommend.  Don't waste the treat space in your tummy on it.

In fairness to the product, though, I probably should have looked at the picture on the box before relying an a sleepy memory.


2 comments:

  1. I have been dropped from blogger lists for less of a sin than not liking chocolate! But since I agree with your stance on soggy cookies, I'll keep you around. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!