Thursday, April 13, 2023

Stuff

I don't know how I raised two children to adulthood.  To be honest,  I don't know how my siblings and I survived our childhood. 

I have vivid memories of  Sister as an infant, sleeping unsecured in a bassinet that hooked over the front seat. 

Today,  the baby rode to her doctor's appointment strapped six ways from Sunday into a padded car seat with an insert designed for her smaller self. 

I didn't sterilize anything.  This thing 
is installed on the already crowded counter,  ready to sterilize and clean every bottle every time. 

I heated bottles in a pot of warm water on the stove. I shook out a drop or two on my wrist to test the temperature.  Today,  Big Cuter used this thing
and a digital thermometer to ascertain the exact temperature of the supplemental formula.

I've been on laundry duty all day,  which made me very happy.  Why? Because some things never change. 


8 comments:

  1. I agree that child raising is a new world now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have so much more information than I did. It's alternately enlightening and scary.
      a/b

      Delete
  2. Since we are the same age, I assume our children are close to the same age. Our dr said the dishwasher was fine for sterilizing bottles and other gadgets put in the mouth. We did have a bottle sterilizer for filled bottles that then loaded in the fridge when done and then as we used them, we warmed the bottle
    in a pan of warm water (in the age before microwave ovens). Like Kathy said, it's a whole new world, and like you, I'm glad I am not in charge of small babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Microwaves are now verboten - they do not heat evenly and could scald the baby. Progress!
      a/b

      Delete
  3. I didn't have any of that stuff either. I do wonder if we are being too clean now. Are we hindering disease resistance? But that we also have new diseases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "You'll eat a pound of dirt bake you die" was my mantra when things geek on the ground. For just that reason. But she's soooooo little that we are being extra cautious.
      a/b

      Delete
  4. Last year I experienced the Baby Brezza, it’s a wonderful invention, perfectly measured formula at a perfect temperature. Honestly it’s the best gift/purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, FAMBB! Glad you figured out the comments!
    We used it once and liked its convenience. We ate still working on cooling down the boiling water we use to make the supplemental formula . Once Mom's milk comes in in greater quantities, and we have formula to store, I can see it being the most useful appliance in the kitchen.
    a/b ( sbah)

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!