Thursday, April 16, 2020

Book 19 - A Snippet

Dana Stabenow published Book 23 in her Kate Shugak series earlier this year.  It's been a while since Book 22 came out; I was waiting for the dog days of summer to reread the series in its entirety.

I didn't wait for June; I started with Book 1 once I realized that I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.  I've been averaging a book and a bit a day.  They are all on my Kindle; I just keep clicking and downloading them from where they've been lurking in the ether. 

And today, I clicked on Book 19.

Three more in my queue.  One more to purchase and download. 

I can't tell you how sad that makes me.  I've been able to escape lock down; I've been in Alaska with a dozen or so recurring characters and a few dozen others who have been my neighbors and boon companions for the last month.  I'm missing them already.

I have other series, thousands of pages worthy of immersion.  But I've grown accustomed to these faces.........

4 comments:

  1. I like getting into a series of mystery books and getting to really know the main characters. I am not familiar with the Kate Shugak series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is Aleut, lives in the Bush, lives with a half wolf/half dog with major personality, loves drop-dead-gorgeous men, kicks ass on a regular basis, and the stories are interwoven and rarely go where you imagine they will. Dana Stabenow is a friend of the Poisoned Pen bookstore's owner (in Phoenix) and I've seen here there.... actually had lunch with her at an event they organized. She grew up in Alaska and had lots of the adventures that Kate had, which makes it more fun.

      To say they are well written would be stating the obvious :-)
      a/b

      Delete
  2. Thanks to your recommendation several years ago I have these books all on my Kindle now, and did read the newest one as soon as it dropped since I pre-ordered. Rereading is a great idea because it will bring the characters to mind better. First though I'll read the books Dana wrote on minor character Liam Campbell. There were some mistakes in my Kindle edition of the latest Kate book, but maybe they've been corrected now - a niece was continually referred to as a daughter which really surprised me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm up to Restless in the Grave and I wish I had reread the Liam story that leads into this book. I am not liking being out of the loop :-(

      Glad you enjoyed them!
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!