Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Out of Sync

The whole world seems out of sync to me.

I'm writing blog posts in the morning instead of in the evening, and people who love me are worrying that I've forgotten them.

I went to the Transfer Station to recycle my garage detritus and only saw the clearly marked (if somewhat off the beaten path) containers for each type of stuff after I'd dumped everything into an empty bin on the other side of the lot.

I turned off the irrigation when we had three days of rain last week.  I never turned it on again and now my huge vinca in the pot by the front door is drooping.  It's a matter of walking around to the side of the house and pressing a button.  I am out of sync - I just haven't done it, despite thinking about it every day.

Penzey's is only accepting call ahead/curbside orders of $10 or more. I picked up my $15 order in the afternoon, only to come home and search high and low for oregano.  It was fruitless - Big Cuter used all but a smidge to create fabulous meals - and forgotten to tell me to buy more.  I really don't need $10 more from Penzey right now; we'll be eating less oregano in the near future, I seems

I'm part of a brain training research project from the Alzheimers Center at Banner Health Care here in Tucson.  It requires 3, 1 hour sessions, at home, on the computer, each week.  The system went down before the holidays and my carefully curated calendar manipulation went out the window.  It's back up and running now, but carving out an hour of quiet time is something I'm resisting.  

I'll get back into it. I'm just feeling out of sync. I'll try to get more organized as the week goes on.  I'm trying to quell the notion in my brain that this is just how 2022 is going to be.

6 comments:

  1. I recognize your unsettled nature. I feel it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda and Carol and Olga - I can't tell you how good your comments make me feel!!!
      a/b

      Delete
  2. 2020 part 3! Starting to feel like my "new normal." Don't really like it, but don't totally hate it either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda and Carol and Olga - I can't tell you how good your comments make me feel!!!
      a/b

      Delete
  3. Ah, yes, I know that feeling. All things pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda and Carol and Olga - I can't tell you how good your comments make me feel!!!
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!