Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Was It Good?

I stopped at a new-to-Tucson restaurant for lunch today.

We are a World Gastronomic City.  Good food is easy to come by.  New restaurants pop up and disappear with alarming regularity.  Getting to all of them before they vanish is a challenge. 

I was hungry for food and not kid-comfort, so I skipped Grandma's Garden and went to Flower Child instead.  Flower Child caters to vegetarian and vegan lifestyles with healthy made-from-scratch salads, bowls and wraps read one review and the menu bore that out.  The chickens had no anti-biotics and a lovely lifestyle before being slaughtered.  There was lots of quinoa and beets and pickled peppers of all color and description.  There was one lonely steak wrap hiding in the bottom right corner of the flashing-too-quickly-to-be-read billboard menu above the counter.  

I can't remember what I ordered.  It had the largest combination of ingredients I don't actively despise.  I thought I asked for a salad but when the wrap appeared I did not complain.  Like I said, I can't remember which very healthy, very crunchy, very chopped and unprocessed decision I had made.  I do remember deciding on Rose Lemonade and then switching at the dispensers to the Fox group's passionfruit black iced tea - the best tea I've ever had.

The setting was lovely.  The chairs and tables were neither too high nor too deep nor too close together.  I was enjoying myself, deciphering each bite as I ate, when the woman at the next table wondered if it was good.

I decided that she deserved more than a nod of my head; she was alone, older than I, waiting for her daughter to return with their drinks.  

It's fresh.  It's interesting. (no, I don't remember what it's called). It's distinctive.  It's good .... but do I like it?

I'm still not sure.  I'll have to go back and find out.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh. I'm sure you'll let us know when you go back and decide.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!