Friday, May 5, 2023

One Year Ago

It took me 11 years and 4 months to arrive at the out patient surgery center for a hip replacement.

Pandemica stalled any progress I might have made.  Age and the general deterioration that accompanied the trip from 58 to 70 left me lurching and aching and a gentle emotional nudge from Big Cuter made the decision easy.  

As the physiatrist told me early on,  you'll know when you know. I knew. 

And now, 365 days later,  I'm back doing the things I used to do before bullets upended my life.  I'm not doing them the same way; 71 is very different from 58 and there's only so much I can do about that.  

But I don't hurt any more than anyone else I know. 

That's something I haven't been able to say in a long,  long time.

Yay Science!

6 comments:

  1. It is good that you did this, you suffered too long. Pain is debilitating, glad you are doing well and able to do the things you used to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pain certainly gets in the way. I am glad I can now complain like any other old lady!
      a/b

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you decided to do it finally, and I'm so glad you are better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for your recovery of your life.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!