Friday, May 12, 2023

It Was As Bad As I Expected

Not-Kathy and I got pedicures,  then our husbands met us for Mexican food.  A large margarita made the thought of watching CNN's Town Hall with the lying liar somewhat palatable.

I lasted for one question. 

That the audience was stacked with his supporters only made it worse.  The applause for his predictable responses (I saw clips all day long) made me cringe. 

Free media for a sexual predator in exchange for a ratings bump - they have no shame.

It's somewhat heartening to hear a few Republicans saying they won't support him.  We'll see how long that lasts. 

What I can't get over is that this one trick pony has no new material. He's pushing the same story,  with the same tired tropes, and the same folks are nodding along.

Fingers crossed that there is a different outcome in 2024.

4 comments:

  1. Rumor has it that the 400 people at that fiasco were recruited from the Mar A Lardo parking lot.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see any of it or hear any audio clips. This time I think I'm happy to be uninformed of a current event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shit show you can happily avoid and not feel that you're missing anything. You've heard it all before. It doesn't get any better with repetition.... and a cheering crowd.
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!