Wednesday, May 3, 2023

It's Gone

All those beautiful big blue and white coupons - useless.

No longer will I be able to spread holiday cheer as I wander through the aisles, bestowing coupons on unsuspecting shoppers, saving them 20% and $5 and $10, enough coupons to cover whatever was in their basket.  

No, the coupons don't expire..... or they didn't expire as long as the store existed.

But, nothing lasts forever.... all good things must come to an end..... here today, gone tomorrow -- I refuse to accept it.  Bed Bath and Beyond is gone.

The stores are in receivership.  There are no refunds, no coupons, no exchanges.  The signage is down inside the store, at least the one I peered into this morning, 90 minutes before they opened their doors.  TBG wants some softer, thicker hand towels; he didn't get any today.

I don't think he'll get them tomorrow, either.  There was nothing enticing about the store this morning.  And there's been nothing enticing inside the store for a year or more.  

I don't know where I'll go for my Hanukkah supplies. 

First Linens and Things and now BB&B.  All those items I have to touch before I can buy them are now only at Target and Costco.  I guess this is the end of the White Sale Era.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!