Monday, January 2, 2023

New Year, New Resolution

My yogi gifted this to me.  It took me a while to hear it.  Once I got there, it was obvious.

It's adding on to something she wished for us as we closed out 2009 -a new year filled with radiant health- something I embraced then and believe in today.  This new piece just makes it more lustrous.

We ended our practice last Tuesday with her hope that we approach the new year in radiant health, with wonder.

Something about it made me smile.  She's been talking about wonder for a while but it never penetrated my consciousness until then.  

It was wonderful that I was able to do the poses that had be unattainable a few months ago.  The mesquite bosque was deliciously verdant, and it was wonderful that I had the opportunity to use that word in real life.  A single tree located in the middle of our plaza had been removed and replaced with red salvia; we wondered if the tree missed us as much as we missed it.

Science is wonderful.  Yoga outside in December is wonderful.  A house full of family is wonderful.

Looking at the world through eyes that expect wonder has been infiltrating my space over the last week.  I'm going out to look at 2023's first sunset with those eyes.  

2 comments:

  1. Our sunrise, what I could see of it, was a thing of wonder. Looking for wonder is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?!?! I'm so tired of being disgusted; this is so much better.
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!