Thursday, January 26, 2023

Kevin's Circus

Well, that was going to be the topic, anyway.  

We watched Ilhan Omar stand and speak eloquently next to Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwelll, calmly calling the Speaker of the House a vengeful, bought and paid for politician.  I had a few points in mind before I started to do some research.  

I never got to those points.  I got stuck here, at house.intelligence.gov.

At the moment, the irony, the obvious oxymoron, is more painful than funny.  Click through.   

You may be greeted, in the center of your screen, as I was, by an advertisement (or maybe it's part of the Committee.... there's no indication otherwise) for Fox News,  Hannity in the corner (interviewing Arizona's former Attorney General, Mark Brnovich), a ticker across the top wondering what the Dems knew about the Steele Dossier and when did they know it.  

It took me quite a while to come down from my ire - this is my government and it's promoting Fox News?  

It's absolutely terrifying, starting with the fact that Devin Nunes is the ranking member.  This is a man who sued @DevinNunesCow, a parody Twitter account purportedly written by Devin Nunes' cow.  

Ranking Member Nunes: We can’t counter a hypersonic missile launch with better pronoun usage is a link to a video I couldn't bring myself to watch.  It's right there on the first page of the site.  

I went to the site to find out who the members of the Committee might be.  The interwebs had been no help.  I couldn't find a list out there, so I went inside.  Or so I thought.  Maybe it's because the whole House has to vote to approve the membership so it's not official just yet.  But there's no help on the site, either.

There was so Members button to click.  There was a Minority button; it refreshed the home page.  There was no Majority button on the home page, which seemed odd until I realized that one had appeared when I clicked through the Minority button.  I clicked on the Majority and ended up at the minority party's page from last session, when they were the majority.

I guess website maintenance is a lower priority than investigating the January 6th Committee, which is the first thing that Nunes and Jim Jordan produced for their Congress's consideration.  

Paul Gosar, whose family took out ads declaring that he is a wretched human being, who was banned from Committees by the last Congress, is now on the Oversight Committee.

Again, the irony is more painful than funny.  I guess the title of this post is apt, after all.  It really is Kevin's Circus.

4 comments:

  1. I can't even climb out from under the Florida political news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, I keep hoping that DeSantis will implode before I have to deal with his nonsense.
      a/b

      Delete
  2. The problem with Omar is her past ,and it's full of reasons to doubt her being on any intelligence committee (loosely called that these days and not just for the GOP). Marrying her brother to bring him into the US as a citizen is a start but her marriages might be personal matters. Her comments against Israel make her suspect for fairness on anything out there. How about her misuse of campaign funds (look it up if you didn't see it at the time)! But the sad part is it makes as little sense to have some of the GOPers on there either given backgrounds for those who bother to look. As for Schiff and Swalwell, again, look them up, but we don't. Most of us protect 'our' parties and only know what's against the 'bad' guys, because we read in a bubble. It's why I no longer have a party affiliation. I'd like to vote in primaries but in Oregon only your registered party allows you to vote. I'd rather not have either party as someone I trust. What does it take to get people we can trust-- as so many districts, like the one for Omar, always elect from one party, no matter how unsavory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devin Nunes is no longer a congressman; David Valadao represents Nunes's former district now. The con man offered Nunes a job, running Truth Social, so Nunes left Congress. Thank god!

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!