Wednesday, January 4, 2023

And It Just Gets Better and Better

I enjoyed Rep. Aguilar's delight when he nominated the pride of Brooklyn, Hakeem Jeffries of New York to be Speaker of the House.  

I enjoyed Kevin McCarthy's humiliation almost as much.
 
I had to agree with Laurence Tribe, who admitted on Twitter that while it wasn't nice to take pleasure in another's troubles, he was unable to hide his glee.  

Marjorie Taylor Green is pissed that she wasn't included in the Freedom Caucus's power grab in Kevin's office last night.

I didn't know that the position could be filled with someone who's not a member of the House.  Bring back Liz Cheney?  Adam Kinzinger?  

And, when the talking heads ran out of ways to spin the confusion, there was always George Santos.  That blue sweater made it easy to spot him...... sitting next to the children of another Representative - Elect... one of whom refused to leave his seat until a Speaker was chosen.

All those family members dressed to the nines, ready to watch their loved ones sworn in, left in the lurch.  I wonder if they got to go out to dinner afterwards anyway.

I shouldn't be enjoying it as much as I am.  But, I am.

3 comments:

  1. I will take pleasure in your pleasure. I have not been paying very close attention to the whole mess. Eventually it will get sorted. We don't really want the Republicans doing their business anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly are enjoying it as much as I am, and that is a lot. I do hope Quevin has to move his stuff out of the speaker's suite. I'd pay money to watch that!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!