Monday, September 21, 2020

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

We've lost too many this year, although I seem to say that more frequently as the years go on. 

I"ve spent the weekend trying not to cry.  I refuse to allow thoughts of this Senate replacing her to creep into my grief.  They don't deserve a place at this table.  

In keeping with the tradition of bringing sweets to the mourners, a reminder of happy times past and those to come, I'm sharing a sweet memory from two years ago:

As she grows up, FlapJilly's reading more grown up books.  I Dissent. the picture book biography of RBG, is part of her permanent night time roster.  We've talked about strength and power and being in charge, whether you are a superhero or a Supreme Court Justice.  She knows that she can grow up and be one, too.


That's the background to the joy Little Cuter felt when, on an adventure to Barnes and Opal last Saturday, her daughter took off, flying across the store.  She caught up with her at an end cap.  


Look, Mama, Look!  It's ROOF!!

How lucky is my granddaughter, and all the other granddaughters in the world, to have had Roof to admire, to inspire,  to love.

May her memory be a blessing...... not only in remembrance, but in living as she would, fighting the good fights, carrying on with determination and a smile in the face of unfathomable obstacles.

Rest in power, Madame Justice.


7 comments:

  1. I am in mourning.
    As one who chooses to believe in an afterlife, my vision is that RBG has taken her efforts toward leading the angels and evolved spirits to focus their combined efforts on leading this country toward the light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see Christina-Taylor introducing herself and joining the fight for light from above.
      Thanks for this, Olga. It's a lovely and helpful image.
      a/b

      Delete
  2. Not that it matters but i was surprised to learn she was not an orthodox Jew based on her burial arrangements. I hadn't thought of it before, of course, and it really doesn't matter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, was surprised at the delay in burial. It's usual in all the Jewish sects. I'm glad America can say good bye, so, like you, I think it doesn't really matter.
      a/b

      Delete
  3. I love knowing Justice Ginsburg will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery where we can all pay our respects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I hadn't realized her husband was a veteran. She'll be beside him :)

      Delete
    2. I didn't know that either. Another reason to come and visit you :-), Auntie M
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!