Wednesday, August 14, 2019

 This started out as a post about shoe fasteners.  After tying laces on quite a few of the very cool new shoes the Prince Scholars were sporting,  I sat on a bench and smiled as I zipped her zipper.  
 I tied these blue laces, and admired their heft.  As always, I asked if I could take a picture of her shoes.
Before she finished saying yes, I was surrounded by a bevy of beauties, each agreeing that they, too, would be happy to have their shoes photographed.  I couldn't deny them. 
And so I admired pink shoelaces and matching socks.
 As I tied these laces I noticed the lovely woven texture of the shoes themselves.  
There was no reason other than sartorial for these fur lined boots.  Flashing to FlapJilly's beloved pink with silver sparkles cowgirl boots, I realized that I was looking at a child whose parents realized that morning that there were other battles to be won.  
I have to share the loveliness that are these Cleopatra sandals.
That's my lace-less Chuck on the right.

It's so wonderful to be back.

4 comments:

  1. What fun! I do wonder about the fur-lined footwear in AZ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was over 100 and she was happy as a clam! FlapJilly has worn her boots to destruction, squeezing her toes in where they can. This scholar was SO PROUD of her fuzzy footwear.... and she didn't look overheated at all!
      a/b

      Delete
  2. I just ordered a pair of shoes that have peacocks on them, to wear when I tell the story of Three Hens and a Peacock. After I tell the story, I can wear them occasionally to remind the students of the story. The kids always check my shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have pink Converse which are the color of choice for most of our girls. They have fun playing matchie-matchie with me.
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!