Friday, October 18, 2024

Sending My Regrets

The invitation was just like the one to the Tim Walz rally.

Doors open at.... go to Table.... no this that and the other thing allowed within... wear comfy, campaign related attire... you can't share the invitation....bring a picture id.  I expected all of that.

When they got to the no designated parking information I began to worry.  I'm familiar enough with the area to know that means a walk of a mile or so, unless I parked at Amster's and Ubered back and forth.  

And then there was this:  **Please note that this is a primarily standing rally - there is limited seating for ADA guests ***

Doors open at 1:30; I'd have to be there a lot earlier than that.  It is billed as a late afternoon early evening event;  I was exhausted just figuring out how long I would be on my feet.  7 hours, conservatively.  

After discussing the situation with family and friends and my body, I've opted out. 

Comfortable on the couch,  I'll make a point of watching it all on television.  It will be harder to feel the energy, but Mr. Obama has never had trouble bringing me to tears and to hope and to action.  That's been true since his DNC speech in 2004 up to and past the time he spent talking to me in my hospital bed in 2011.  

I was up close and personal with the man.  That's going to have to be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!