Thursday, September 1, 2022

Running From #TFG

#TFG, as the Urban Dictionary puts it, is an abbreviation most commonly used on Twitter to describe the disgraced, double impeached, 45th President of the United States Donald J. Trump.

It may be that TFG is losing his appeal.  The crazies are still all over the media, all over the Letters to the Editor page in the local paper, delighting the MSNBC talking heads by bloviating on Fox.  But on the ground (literally, on the ground) here in Tucson, things are changing.

It's VOTE FOR ME time on the sidewalks and the median strips.  There are the usual MY NAME HERE signs and the THIS IS IMPORTANT SO VOTE YES signs.  There are family portraits (replacing the ominous black posters he started out with).
And there used to be portraits of #TFG, like this one from Kari Lake, the Republican candidate for governor, the one who wants to fire the administration, whatever that means.
Since things started heating up down in Florida, since it became clear that #TFG was handling our nation's secrets the way he handled everything else (ie poorly), the signs have begun to change.  

This is how Kari Lake is running now:
I'm not sure who excised #TFG from this sign.  I'm not sure why.  I just know that it made me smile when I drove past it going south.... smiling so hard that I had to turn around and pull into the bike lane to take a photo.

And she's not the only one.  Abe Hamadeh, an election denier who's running on the Republican ticket to become Arizona's Attorney General, plastered the town with these signs:
This glared at me from every corner, every turn I took.  And then, bringing TBG home from physical therapy, we saw this:
Invoking Lincoln instead of Trump.

Honestly, Abe, really?  Do you think people won't notice?

I don't know if they are pivoting away from Trump; the verbiage on the bottom of the sign promotes all #TFG's shouting points.  But the fact that two rabid #TFG supporters are cancelling him must mean something, right?

I suppose it's hard to ask for my vote to put you in charge of law and order in my state when the guy who endorsed you is ever more clearly a criminal.  

7 comments:

  1. I am not a Twitter user but I have my guess as to the full meaning of those initals. There is a lot I don't understand about politics, but how some Republicans claim to be the law and order party and then support a person with such personal distain for the laws as applied to himself is really beyond my comprehension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. President Biden laid that argument out pretty clearly tonight.
      a/b

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is good news, if even just a little bit. If the orange tide can turn in Arizona, maybe there's hope for us all yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A modicum of hope - the R's have pulled ads and Mark Kelly has lots of money but Katie Hobbs won't debate Kari Lake and ....... and.... and... I hate hanging my fate on such tenuous hopes.
      a/b

      Delete
  3. They're running away from tfg a bit, but trust me, they won't run too far. They're cowards and for some reason still afraid of him. I sure hope Katie Hobbs wins the Governor race, will be really bad for AZ if she doesn't. And then there's Finchem.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finchem in charge of our elections is terrifying. Absolutely terrifying.
      a/b

      Delete
    2. He is dangerous, period, full stop.

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!