Monday, September 12, 2022

Doctor's Orders

Friday:  Annual Medicare Wellness Check Up with my Primary Care Physician (PCP).

I, concerned about the test results the law insists the lab send to me before they are sent to the doctor, wondered if my blood pressure and cholesterol were going to send me to the morgue before the new year.  

She, a trained medical professional, explained every single test result that frightened me.  She was able to reassure me that High did not equate to immediate death.  The numbers were trending in the right direction; my medications were working..... except for that bad cholesterol number.

I admitted to going on a hard boiled egg/omelet/egg salad/hollandaise/bearnaise/creamy dressing spree during the spring and the summer.  The eggs, she said, were just fine.  But, did I put mayonnaise in my egg salad?

Of course. (followed by eye rolling and laughing)

Well, maybe you could think about cutting back on that.

I pouted, shrugged my shoulders, and we moved on.

Sunday:  Dr. K and Not-Kathy come over for breakfast and the 10 o'clock football game.

I make Queen T's drenched in butter, double decker French toast, with mascarpone oozing out of the center.  

Dinner includes potato salad with, yes, mayo as the binding agent.  

I'm trying to be a good patient.  I'm just not trying very hard.

5 comments:

  1. What would you use in egg and potato salads if not mayo? I am a huge mayonnaise fan and if I was told I couldn't eat it.... that would be awful. You take care, enjoy your food and have fun. That's my motto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butter is my downfall, or should we say, cholesterol-raising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My English Muffins drool butter all over the plate and I mop it up!
      a/b

      Delete
  3. I have decided I don't want my life to be so long that I stop enjoying it just to maintain the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom said, when diabetes was mentioned in her 80's, Life Without Chocolate Is Not Living.
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!