Friday, April 26, 2024

Beauty and The (Absent) Beasts

I thought I'd seen everything, until Sunday afternoon.  

TBG's spin class had a party in Doug's backyard, with its spacious grounds and fantastic views.  There were a few birders in the group, and they kept me amused by identifying the calls we were hearing. 

Then the host said he had something that someone could try.
It's a hummingbird hat, complete with nectar holders in front
and a strap in the back.  
Stability is probably important if the birds come calling.  That night, they were uninterested.



7 comments:

  1. I'm going to be thinking about this thing for days. FWIW, I found it (I guess it's the same one?) here:

    https://www.thebirdhousechick.com/products/humm-viewer-ultimate-feeder-mask?variant=20790754476091

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still a little stunned to find out it ever existed. But if I *do* write about it, I'll let you know! (And, of course, blame you for putting me onto it, haha.)

      Delete
  2. Interesting concept. I wonder if it ever works, and how long you just have to sit still and wait. Probably not for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My next door neighbor puts out the hummingbird feeders with the sugar mixture so I have lots of them flying through our yard. They always come visit me when I'm out in the backyard, in the sunshine, as the light bounces off my red hair, attracting them to the red, but alas, no nectar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No nectar that's drinkable for them, but there is lots of nectar in your soul!
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!