Thursday, April 18, 2024

The Last One, I Promise

When push came to shove (oh, I cannot believe that not only did I type that but that I'm leaving it in) the decision was clear.  I was never going to walk outside and use the purple porta-potty.

Yes, upon closer inspection the thing is bright purple.
Turns out that the hand washing station is outside the business end of the situation.  This is important since I misunderstood the description of the disruption - nothing should go down any drain during their working hours.... showers and sinks as well as toilets.  

We wash our hands a lot in this house.  Hand sanitizer doesn't quite feel the same.  Washing while admiring the view feels like an acceptable sacrifice in the service of functioning waste disposal. 

Beyond that, we each have a designated bathroom far from the bedroom.  It's not ideal, but it's a lot. 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully the job will be completed in record time and you will get all of your drains back. The gas lines were replaced in our neighborhood and it was a 2 year process as each step along the way had to be signed off by different inspectors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have they given you a completion date yet?

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!