Friday, March 29, 2024

They're Done - A Mini Rant

My hometown team is down and out.   Even though my pool didn't have them going any further than this (cue silver lining music) I'm sad.

They made it to the Sweet Sixteen, which is better than they did last year when Princeton showed them the door in the first game of the first round.  They lost that game to a better team.  Tonight, they lost to a team that wanted it more.

Occasionally, the Wildcats showed brilliance and power.  At moments, the big man was ferocious.  Mostly, they were cavalier with the basketball.  Errant passes were the norm.  Air balls replaced jump shots.  Three pointers were launched randomly, with no one following the ball for a rebound and a second chance to score.  

There was more energy on my couch than there seemed to be on their bench.... and I was barely awake.  

We really tried to like this team, strangers who were wearing Arizona's uniform this year, but who were playing for Alabama and North Carolina and San Diego State last year.  That matters.  It's a team game and it's hard to feel like a team when guys drop in and out.

I'm really cheering for laundry at this point.  I find that I'm more disappointed than sad, and, somehow, that's even worse.

Okay.  I'm done.

2 comments:

  1. My remaining team, Gonzaga, plays in about 45 minures. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!