Hi there Burrow faithful, Little Cuter here, with news on my amazing mom. As most of you probably know by now, my mom attended the Congress on your Corner event yesterday at her local Safeway. Just as she reached the front of the line to shake Ms. Gifford's hand a gunman appeared and began shooting with an automatic weapon. My mom was shot three times. That's a sentence I never thought I'd have to type. Right this very minute my mom is in the ICU with her leg in a traction. She suffered a wound to her left chest, one to her abdomen, and a third to her right hip. She is incredibly lucky that none of her organs were hit, even though one of the bullet's entry wounds was in her abdomen. She has been taken care of by some fantastic and proficient doctors and nurses, and a wonderful social work team. My mom is the toughest broad I've ever met. She is awake and talking and cracking wise and we can all rest assured that the woman we love is still here, kicking ma...
The Golden Gophers are staying at Not-Kathy and Dr K's home this weekend. It's been our plan to have all six of us live in Tucson. The plan seems to be coming closer and closer to fruition. The K's are snow-birding, because Chicago is wonderful in the summer and they live right above the Ralph Gehry designed bandshell in Millenium Park. A picnic on the grass with fine music happens just about every night for them, and they have only to ride an elevator and cross a street with their wine and refreshments. While waiting for his wife to retire, The Golden Gopher has been volunteering and traveling and getting things organized so that they can move from Phoenix, which has been good to them, to Tucson, which, I am certain, will be better for them. They spent today looking at neighborhoods. The sun was out and the clouds were fluffy and the temperatures were below 100. The air smelled of creosote - just like the creosote syrup in h...
I was low on fuel and short on time. My neighborhood Applebee's fit the bill. I spend much too much time emailing and not enough time looking at the women who fill my world. A quick text, an update on Facebook, an e-card for a birthday or a heartfelt but still one-step-removed-from-a-real-hug get well card...they are useful and convenient and keep the flames of a relationship on simmer. But for a real dose, to reinforce all the reasons I love them in the first place, I felt the need for Girls' Night Out. Applebee's offered us a gift card if we'd have some fun and post about it here in The Burrow. The fact that they were also willing to pay me for writing this post was an extra added bonus. What a treat - right around the corner for Happy Hour at a place whose motto is "Life is Better Shared." Yes, the menu was in the shape of an apple...Applebee's, remember?...and it was good for a giggle or two while Crayola Mom and I waited for Miss Margo and ...
Comments
Post a Comment
I KNOW THE FONT IS TOO SMALL......