Ruben's Back
He showed up on my news feed. He was interviewed by one of the lesser MSNOW talking heads. He sent me a solicitation text for a minor candidate somewhere not in Arizona.
When asked, he intimates that he is, in fact, still considering a run for the 2028 Democratic nomination.
I'm not so sure that will go well for you, Senator Gallego.
His BFF in DC was Eric Swalwell, former darling of the left leaning media until his sexual predations made him untouchable. Ruben, Eric's doppelganger, disappeared at the same time.
Here's Eric.
| Punchbowl News |
| Wikipedia.com |
As young adults, TBG and I had a friend who made questionable choices. I ignored the rumors, trusting the friendship. I defended and explained away until the truth came up and smacked me in the face. I had to recognize that only his wife and I believed his version of events.
Maybe that's what happened between these two. Maybe not. It seems that it doesn't matter. Six months on the shelf and he's rehabilitated, sticking his baby toe in the water by promoting candidates in contested but unknown races.
I dunno. At this point, anyone (except Mark Kelly) who is currently serving in Congress needs to make an exceptionally strong case for reelection. I'm not sure an endorsement from Ruben Gallego would influence my vote.
Why did I exclude Mark? Because he didn't grow up lusting for The White House... or the U.S. House. His version of public service involved activities far removed from what now consumes him. He stepped into a space vacated by Gabby (President Giffords would resonate quite well now, I imagine.... in my dreams) and, like everything else he's done, he's all in and will fight like hell (his campaign slogan).
I don't question his motives.
I can't say that about most other politicians. I certainly can't say it about my junior Senator.
If the Democrats have any sense, they will run Ossoff. Agree wholeheartedly with you on Kelly. I think Ruben has reached his peak.
ReplyDeleteOsssoff is a great choice. So is Mayor Pete.
Deletea/b