Just A Little Nervous
I am to be at the office at 6:30am, for Mohs on my nose, as the rhyme goes.
It is not life threatening, but last week the dermatologist told me not to wait to see the surgeon, so here I go. It's an out-patient procedure in their stand alone, Medicare approved, state of the art clinic located 7 minutes from our house.
It takes 2 hours to develop and analyze the tissue samples. If there aren't clear margins, they go back for another slice.... and so on and so on, in two hour segments, until the doctor sends me home, cancer free.
TBG insists on driving me there and back. He would want company for the duration; I just want to be left alone. It took all my persuasive powers to convince him that watching him sit in a chair for 3 or 4 or 6 or 8 hours was not the way I chose to spend the afternoon. I am quite used to being the one doing the sitting; from personal experience I advised him to make better use of his time.
What with my nose being in the middle of my face and all, I am concerned about the cosmetic result as well as the pathology. Happily, Lovely Rita had a similar situation not long ago and her doctor (now my doctor) left her with a truly imperceptible mark.
I have no reason to doubt that there will be a successful outcome. My life is not in danger.... I keep repeating that to myself.....
Like the title says, I'm just a little nervous.
x
Comments
Post a Comment
I KNOW THE FONT IS TOO SMALL......