Miracles Do Happen

I was glad that Big Cuter was coming to visit.  I needed reassurance and validation and a second opinion from someone familiar with the history.  I needed comfort and solace and support.  

I got the comfort and solace and support.  I got hugs and kisses.  I didn't need a second opinion; things were changing rapidly.   

The man who couldn't get out of bed was walking without assistance.

The man who pointed instead of talking was using his words.

The man who was never hungry was eating every 20 minutes.

This is why:


Berries all over her face

Play Doh

Cutlery is optional

                                                      
  
Brother made the ferry and cars for Big Cuter 40 some years ago. 
What goes around, comes around.

The dinosaurs talk.  
Who knew?

He couldn't let the opportunity pass without being an active participant.  He couldn't be an active participant if he had no energy.  He couldn't have energy if he didn't eat.  So, he forced himself to get over his medically altered tastebuds.  He pushed himself to sit and stand and follow the exercises the PT knew he could do, even when he felt too weak to continue.

And, y'know what?  When you have fuel and you've reawakened your muscles your body responds.  That's all his.

But the love, the hugs, the cheery screeches and even louder wails, the giggles and the kisses and the energy in the house was the best medicine of all.  He gets stronger every day.

Grandkids are miraculous.

I may not let them leave.






 

Comments

  1. Whatever it takes to make health progress! Maybe when they go home have Zoom dinners or grandchild-supervised exercise sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's wonderful. I had no idea things had gotten so bad with your husband, since you are spare on details. Child care in reverse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Child care in reverse !! I love it. I'm spare on details because it's his story to tell, but things were pretty dire for a while. Too many surgeries and too much anesthesia in too short a time.
      a/b

      Delete
    2. Oh! Anesthesia! That is the worst. Hoping that medical personnel can adjust for this reaction for future surgeries. We have friends who were able to turn things around for surgeries with a different anesthesiologist.

      Delete
    3. We get who we get and are happy there's someone there to do the job (several hospitals cannot keep anesthesiologists anymore... who knows why.
      ab

      Delete

Post a Comment

I KNOW THE FONT IS TOO SMALL......

Popular posts from this blog

Tough

A Gentle Monsoon

Applebees? Yes, Applebees!