Are You Hungry?
Of late, TBG has not been hungry. There's no telling from day to day what will work. Today, cold milk (and sometimes the accompanying Cheerios) was what he craved. Yesterday, it was flautas from our Mexican restaurant. He keeps sending me to Dairy Queen for a small chocolate milkshake. His taste buds never get the message from his brain that says I love this! Drink me! Instead, two spoonsful in his nose wrinkles in disgust.
It's too bad I don't like chocolate... or maybe that's a good thing. I've been well fed by eating what tastes terrible after two bites. It makes meal planning very simple.
I'm thinking about this because, in bringing out the toys for HoneyBunny and The IVth's visit this week, I came across Junior Kindergarten Recipes For Your Holiday Entertainment. Created by Little Cuter's class of 5 and 6 year olds in the late 1980's, it's full of gems. As I ease back into the swing of things, I'm taking a shortcut and sharing the best of them with you.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Lamb Chops
Get infinity lamp chops at Treasure Island. Put them in a glass rectangle pan and put them in the top oven. Cook them for 2 hours at 400 degrees. Take them out and put mint jelly on them with a knife. Say Grace.
Spinach
Get it at Treasure Island. (There are lots of Treasure Islands because of the pirates and their treasure. That's why they call them Treasure Islands.) Take it home and put it in the refrigerator. When you're ready to cook it, put it in the top oven. Make the oven hot, but not infinity hot, and cook it for 1 hour. Eat it with broccoli and cheddar cheese. After dinner, brush your teeth and go to bed.
Christopher's family obviously shops at the upscale grocery store (Treasure Island).
*****
Chicken
Buy a chicken at K-Mart. Cut it up. Put it in the oven. Make the oven hot, hot, hot, and cook it for 25 seconds. Eat it with shrimp.
*****
Chicken
Carrots. Lemon. Chicken.
Put it in the oven at 5 degrees and cook it for 3 hours. Eat it with a fork and a spoon.
*****
Fish Sticks
Put them in the oven at 4 degrees. Don't cook them too long because they burn up.
*****
Chocolate Bars
Put cinnamon in them and then chocolate, and put them in the oven. Cook them at 90 degrees for 60 hours. Then go play.
*****
Cookies
Sugar - Salt - Butter - That white stuff, flour - Mint
Mix it up and roll them out and cook them in an oven as hot as the desert. Cook them until school is over.
*****
Brownies
Eggs - Chocolate
Mix it up and spread it on a big pan. Cook them anywhere at 5 gallons.
*****
Crab
Buy some crabs or go to a restaurant and have them make it.
*****
Broccoli
The grocery store makes the broccoli. Get some.
*****
Comments
Post a Comment
I KNOW THE FONT IS TOO SMALL......