Grandkids
TBG has no energy. I have no oomph. It's hard to get motivated to do anything at all.
Except when the grandkids arrive. Suddenly, TBG's playing hide and seek from the couch. I hopped out of bed when I heard high pitched giggling... despite the fact that it was 6:15 and we'd stayed up past 11 to watch the first 3 episodes of Reacher.
Oatmeal for the masses. Mandarin oranges for snacks. Chasing a stuffed smile around the couch.
Searching for Cinderella's missing glass slipper. Jumping on Grandpa's bed. Giving and getting hugs.
Suddenly, neither of us is tired.
Grandkids are good medicine. You just need to have a dose every week and you will both be back in good health very soon.
ReplyDeleteThey are miracles!
Deletea/b
I just read your latest post where the patient rose from his bed and joined in life. Yes, good medicine. Now, you just need to see those grandkids more often. These are the reasons we have for going on, for living life to the fullest.
ReplyDeleteWhen scheduling Terry's treatments with the Stanford team, I stepped into the video screen and said, "we are being reticent about these dates because we want to be with our grandchildren for some of their big events coming up in the next few weeks. Dance concert, divisional track finals, band concert. We want to be there." And one of the doctors leaned in and said, "I completely understand. My 7 year old son has grandparents and I want them there for everything. We will make the changes."
He did, we were able to be at every event, and the next treatment went off without out a hitch. These are important years and your kids and grandkids will continue to be the best medicine. Do all you can to coordinate the visits and the medical stuff. Talk to the doctors. Your grandchildren will remember these times the rest of their life.
We rescheduled everything once we knew their dates. You are so right - we want to share their lives as much as we can. Hence, another bathroom downstairs near "our bedroom" in Little Cuter's house and a next house for Big Cuter with a bedroom just for us. I wish we were closer, but.... we're not :-)
Deletea/b
Making plans, it's good for everyone. The future is bright.
Delete