Friday, April 1, 2016

Seduced by My Front Yard

Little Cuter and I had a satisfying phone rant about Donald Trump and the media.
I planned to share those thoughts...
and then I went outside.

There was no sense arguing with Mother Nature... or anyone else, for that matter.
This was much better.

These damianita look like pointy, woody weeds for most of the year.
 Every time I try to take them out they bloom into a mass of neon yellow right by my front gate,
 with volunteers - the blue bells and a yucca in the circles - which took up residence this winter.

Most of the early blooms are yellow, on the cacti and the trees and the wildflowers

.
But there are some pink 
and red
and orange ones, too,


I'll type more about politics and other serious stuff next week.
For now, I'm keeping my apron at the ready.
There is much more planting to be done.

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand how gardening is so relaxing. I'm not good at it at all and am envious of anyone who has a green thumb.

    Have fun and a great weekend.


    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring time in the garden is just the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Osteospermum in the back garden, a crape myrtle in the front, and a long soak in the pool. The best, indeed!
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!