Sunday, May 30, 2021

Ooops!!

The plane was delayed an hour.  We, of course,  were there 2 hours early. Wearing a mask for 3 extra hours wasn't part of the plan; TBG's mask tolerance was struck to the limit before we boarded.

Our 3rd seatmate was a lovely woman on her way to surprise her family.  Her legs were much longer than mine; sharing my foot space seemed like the friendly thing to do.  

We all read and napped and hoped that the plane would fly faster.  TBG availed himself of the free-with-an-Allegiant- credit-card Diet Coke.  I opted for my water bottle filled with ice tea. 

I reached for it.  I popped the button. The straw shot right up.... bringing with it a giant stream of liquid... heading for the ceiling before landing on my lap.... on my sweater.. on my face. 

Our seat mate had a wad of tissues pressed to my self before I realized that I was wet.  My white sweater absorbed most of the spray,  turning it to ecru as I watched in horror.  The seat belt sign was on,  so I couldn't rinse it out.... not that I had another shirt to swap with. 

And so, as TBG massages his swollen kneecap,  and the lady to my right does the same, I sit between them holding my pant legs away from my skin,  my sweater away from my chest,  wondering about the physics of liquid escaping upward while flying through the air. 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, it is kind of funny to picture in my mind!

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!