Wednesday, March 13, 2019

It's The Little Things - A Snippet

I planted snapdragons.  I carried a 20 pound bag of soil to the bed at the back of the patio.  I knelt and I sat and I bent.

The sun was out, the air was cool, and the breeze smelled of creosote from the rains the day before.  I was wearing gloves and long sleeves and tights; nothing was going to raise allergic bumps on my skin.

I trotted back and forth between the garden garage and the containers, lifting the bag of potting soil up to the rims and pouring in fresh nutrients. 

I carried everything back to storage.  I dragged and un-kinked the hose, stomping on the curls that wouldn't straighten out.

I had no pain.  I didn't notice my hip.  I was strong and fleet of foot.

At the end of the day, I had "regular people's tiredness" planting me on the couch.  It wasn't a perforated person's performance at all.

I seem to be making progress without really noticing it at all.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad to here that you were able to do all that. Regular people tiredness is definitely a blessing.
    Cheap Tickets
    Discount Tickets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your regular person's fatigue. We just painted two walls in the garage and I'm pretty sure it gave me "out of shape people's fatigue."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched Dr K and Not-Kathy renovate their house side by side with the contractors. Just watching made me want to take a nap.
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!