Thursday, April 7, 2022

Feeling Punk

I was fine yesterday, except when I tried to raise my arm.  But sleep was elusive last night, and that is unusual for me.  Once my head hits the pillow, I rarely stir (beyond a bathroom visit).  Last night, though, I saw every hour as the digital clock marked the passage of time during which I was not asleep.  

I kept falling back asleep, and waking up again.  I debated getting up and reading a boring book (Brother gifted me Nikolai Gogol short stories that are just deadly),  but moving seemed like more than I could handle.  I gave up in the 6's, and stumbled out to join TBG on the couch.

I made had oatmeal and made phone calls and ran an errand or two and thought everything was just fine until it wasn't.   I barely made it home.

I've spent the afternoon lying on the bed, reading Brian Broome's heartrending memoir of growing up black and gay.  I had planned to swim in the pool for the first time this season, but, again, moving seemed like more than I could handle.... not to mention my inability to lift my left arm above my shoulder without crying out in surprise.... not pain.... an unpleasant sensation.... but not really conducive to doing the crawl.

My tummy is talking to me.  I'm shivering and then I'm not.  TBG got his booster this morning and feels weird all over.  He's not moving much, either.  

All this so that I don't get sick.  I wish I felt better.

3 comments:

  1. Did you have to take a COVID test before getting the vaccination? I'm thinking it might be a good idea to do so, just in case you are positive. They took our temperatures for the previous 3, but maybe an actual test would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you are feeling punk, but it is still better than getting covid and then perhaps long covid. Sending a (gentle) hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you are having a bad reaction. We got out boosters this morning and I forgot all about it until now. So far, no reaction.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!