Thursday, September 20, 2018

Listening to Anita Hill - A Snippet

https://tinyurl.com/y9avcq5e
Do you remember these?  
The Sport Walkman was self-contained, had 5 radio pre-set buttons, and stayed in place as I jogged and power walked along the Chicago lakefront.  

It was on my head on that October afternoon, as Anita Hill testified.
I was watching Big Cuter play flag football, wearing a parka, gloves, and a scarf because, y'know, it was October in Chicago and they were, of course, playing on the field closest to the lake, the coldest, windiest place in town.  

I don't remember if it was a practice or a game.
I don't remember much beyond the grey skies and my outrage.
What is she saying? the other moms asked.
And so, watching little boys running somewhat aimlessly toward a distant goal, I said words like Long Dong Silver and pubic hair.

I feel as dirty now as I did then.

1 comment:

  1. And they wonder why Dr. Ford is reluctant to testify in front of all those old men, some the same as before.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!