Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Parenting Adults - A Snippet

They are not our problems.

We keep telling ourselves that, but it doesn't help.  We have all these ideas.  We have years of experience.  We've been there, done that, or some variation thereof, and we could help.

But, we can't.

They are not our problems.  The kids own them and take responsibility for them and are doing what they deem right and it is so so so so hard to sit back and watch, instead of swooping in and saving the day.

Not that we are capable of saving the day.... but at least we could try.

No matter how old they are, children are still a piece of your heart walking around, unprotected.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you. I have to control myself from volunteering solutions that aren't asked of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made a distinction between *parenting* and *Mom-ing*
      You can outgrow being parented but you'll always need a mom!
      It's a hard tightrope to balance upon, isn't it?
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!