Thursday, August 8, 2024

The G'ma Stare

Once you've seen it you never forget it.  

You really don't want to be on the receiving end.

Seeing it directed to my tardy Brother, TBG shivered and whispered I'd never be late again

So when VP Harris's gentle reminder that we're a democracy and people have a right to express their opinions quieted neither the hecklers accusing her of genocide nor the attendees who were attempting to drown them out by chanting Kamala, she responded the way my mother did.  

She called them out, then stared them down.  

My brother heard Do you know what time it is?  

The hecklers heard Do you want to elect Donald Trump?

And then, there was The Stare.


4 comments:

  1. My students always knew when they had pushed too far--the "look" and my hand sweeping the air with "enough!" The room, the bus, the line, the hallway, would fall silent. Still works with first and second graders. I had a teacher a few years ago, after I did that, ask "how do you do that?" It seems to be in our genes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. She has the "teacher" look. And the voice,

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!