Thursday, August 27, 2020

Kenosha

Words are not enough.  

Joe Biden is right - we are in a fight for the soul of our country.  And that soul looks better from one side of the racial divide than the other, as has been patently obvious over the course of the pandemic.

I want to know how to fix it, because that's what I do when there's a problem in my space.  

The NBA players refused to come out on the court, at least for tonight.  I wish I could refuse to come out of my house until there is change..... but would anyone notice.... and isn't that what I've been doing for the last 24 weeks, anyway?

There's nothing I can think about that doesn't bleed into knowing that this has been going on for 400 years, that only because there are cell phones can we see in stark detail what families of color have known for centuries.

This is just not right.  

It is the America in which we live.

It is not the America I want it to be.

I'm not coming out until I have some kind of plan.

What will he tell his son about us collectively and individually?  

I really need a plan.


2 comments:

  1. If you come up with a plan, please share. I feel helpless to help fix us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a plan, either. One blogger I read has committed to buying books and stuff from Black writers and makers of stuff. She's very intentional about it. I also read

    https://37paddington.blogspot.com/

    who brilliantly captures her angst and anger about being Black in this country. I think you might like her.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!