Tuesday, March 14, 2023

What I Found

I've been going through closets.  I've been finding lots of interesting things, including this: 
The cap gun is probably mine from my Annie Oakley days.  The holster looks too new for a 60 something year old leather strap and pouch.  I have no idea where it came from or why I have it.

It was startling.  I picked up a folder and my eyes got stuck.  

The boots have a high heel.  Unless Little Cuter takes ownership I guess I'll have to take responsibility.  

TBG took one look at it and said THROW IT OUT! Why do we have that?  THROW IT OUT!  

And I did.

For a while, the Annie Oakley/Calamity Jane piece of me treasured that cap gun.  I loved the lurking and the skulking and the bam-bam-shoot-em-up adventures my cousins and siblings and I had in and around our abutting yards.  

Those are powerful memories.

My, how times have changed.  



 

2 comments:

  1. Times have changed indeed. I don't know if kids still have cap guns but they certainly have virtual access to fire power. I'm not sure that's fun, and it's surely not much exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw what Grand Theft Auto was I couldn't believe I'd bought it for Big Cuter for Xmas. When he asked me for coins to play Mortal Combat at an arcade I refused. Was I hypocritical? I prefer to think of it as evolved..... or woke???? as in Awake to the issue?
      a/b

      Delete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!