Friday, March 10, 2023

Girlfriends

I've written this before and I'm sure I'll write it again.  Girlfriends are the best.

I've had a lot of them in my life lately.  

Miss Mississippi and I talked on the phone for 90 minutes before one of us looked at the clock and we both realized we had to go.  

The Social Justice Warriors are here from Chicago; she and I walked and talked and talked and talked this afternoon and, despite her husband's fears, we'll still have more to talk about over dinner tonight.

The Chauffeur is getting Mr. 19 (in Chicago for a solo Spring Break) into the East Bank Club on a guest pass.  Being who she is, she finagled him 2 days to visit.

My daughter's smoothie recipe, a quick text from a Playgroup Mom, delightful conversations with the women who run the landscaping company and the Pilates studio and the hair salon and the doctor's office - all encounters with woman who were upbeat and helpful and smart.

I'm a lucky woman.

2 comments:

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!