Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Was You Ever Bit By a Dead Bee?

Walter Brennan asks that question in To Have and Have Not.  It's a window into the soul of the respondent. 

Yesterday, I sat on a (possibly dead) bee, and asked TBG the same question.

The bee was certainly dead by the time I smacked it into the pool and TBG skimmedit
Some minor surgery with a pointy tweezer removed the stinger.  There was no swelling nor lines of red poison flowing through my veins.  The nerve into which the bee inserted himself is sore, and announces itself with authority every time I change position. 

According to Dr. Google, this combination of symptoms is called a Large Localized Reaction.
*****
It is now obvious to me that I really do miss my old life. 

My blog has turned into drivel, and for that, I apologize.

The fact is, sitting on a bee is the most interesting thing that's happened to me all week.


3 comments:

  1. And your readers continue to read and marvel at soul connection of a bee sting to the writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Dishes laundry mail cooking sleeping play with dogs feed dogs plan meals watch news read ur blog start over

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going to drive the car to Walgreens to pick up prescriptions at the drive through window. That's it! That's the highlight of the day. We do have Tarantula Hawks walking around on the patio, looking very menacing.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!