Friday, July 12, 2024

90% Off

I strolled through the aisles at WallyWorld late this afternoon.  I found some of what I was looking for and, of course, lots of things that I wasn't looking for but which were tempting, if only for a glance or two.  

But then there were these:

sitting right below SEASONAL MERCHANDISE SALE sign which said 90% OFF!  NO EXCEPTIONS!

Math is not my long suit, but I can calculate 10% of anything and then multiply it by, in this case, 9.  Suddenly, the I'll-never-spend-$5.98-on-these pinwheels became put-three-of-those-58.9cent-babies-in-the-cart brilliant purchases.

Smiling about the garden scholars' reaction to these huge decorations, I rang them up first.  

They registered at $1.49.

Not trusting my math, I googled 90% off $5.98.  Then I pressed Call for help and showed my screen to the helper.  She said I paid $1.49 for them yesterday.  That's the price.  I begged to differ, showed her the screen again, and watched as she over-rode the system 

and made plans to take her receipt in for a refund.

I'm going to let WallyWorld know about this.  I wonder if there's a government agency I should contact, too.  It would sure be nice to have a problem I can get my hands around.  Just typing this has calmed my near-panic-stricken-from-politics nerves.

I'm on the case.

4 comments:

  1. Good job! When I run into something that's priced unusually I take a photo of the tag so I have proof at the checkout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cell phones are a huge help in these situations.
      a/b

      Delete
  2. I'm a big reader of your blog and today I want to share my life experience with a loan lender that help me throughout the time of pandemics Covid-19 when everything was falling piece for me and my business, but when I write Mr. Pedro a loan officer email address: pedroloanss@gmail.com, he advises on the current loan program that is available for someone like me on my situation then I proceed then after 3 days of the process I received my loan in my bank and today my business is going well and the loan repayment is 5 years of 2% rate and the loan amount that I received is 83,000. Euro. Mr. Pedro can help with any kind of loan or investment loan at a very low rate and a flexible repayment. WhatsApp Contact: +393510140339

    Thank you once again, you make everything look beautiful in your blog.

    Adriana Rob

    Reading from Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnose of herpes virus year 2010 then my life got devastated i have no idea what I could do with my life anymore until I came across a old friend of mine tiffany whom we study together back then in college, she was an African America I explain to her my current health condition she laughed and say that is not a problem because she know a traditional herbal doctor from African whom will cure me completely with a herbal medicines I wow about the conversation then she gave me the herbal doctor email address drjekawo@gmail.com Dr Jekawo replied my mail and I was so happy and he explained how the treatment will go through 25 days, I agreed I paid the preparation fee of the herbal medicines and I received the herbal product within few weeks after preparation of the herbal medicines, I drink the herbal medicine as instructed I must confess that Dr Jekawo is a great traditional herbal doctor I go for a rapid test I was cured completely then I recommend him to my mom whom suffering from dementia and my husband whom was suffering from prostate cancer also get cured by Dr Jekawo. I want to use this your platform to thank him so much and to also recommend him to anyone suffering from herpes,cancer,fibroid,prostate infection,parkinson,gonorrhea,hiv,chlamydia,diabets,hpv,hepatitis and so many diseases Dr Jekawo can cure with his ancestral herbal knowledge is beyond my imagination.

    ReplyDelete

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!