Friday, October 6, 2023

So Angry

Something happened.  It's the MacGuffin in the story.  The situation resolved itself and everything turned out okay in the end. A little bit of harm, no lasting foul.

But in the moment, I thought my head would explode.  I could feel my eyes bulging out of their sockets, something I thought only happened in Loony Toons. 

I was totally focused, in my head and in my body.  Every fiber of my being, tingling from my toes to my hair, was intent on what I was hearing, on what I could or should or shouldn't do or say.  

In the moment, I knew that I wanted to remember what I was feeling.  Not the angst associated with what I was hearing and seeing. That was quite unpleasant. It was the single-minded-ness, the intensity of unusual dimensions, that I wanted to capture. 

High amplitude situations produce surprising results. 
 

2 comments:

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!