Monday, February 24, 2020

Flying - A Snippet

There was a Cornell conference in Las Vegas; I flew in on Southwest for lunch on Friday and out on Saturday at dinner time.  It took me a week to get organized to go.

The TSA agent in Tucson looked at my boarding pass but not my license.  I was surprised, and told the supervising agent so.  He promised to look into it.  I'm looking into the process of filing a complaint myself.

I scored bulkhead seats on both ends of the trip; I don't understand why the 60 or so passengers who preceded me passed them by.  The flights were uneventful, although I was surprised to be told to contact a flight attendant if something made me uncomfortable.  They were not talking about the seats.

McCarren Airport is disgusting; I wanted a shower after going through security; sitting on the hard plastic chair took a leap of faith.  However, I did manage to find the perfect dinner.
Those fat, salty, crinkly fries and the hot dog which fit perfectly in its bun almost made up for the rest of the airport experience, which was as crowded and dirty and neon and overwhelming (and not in a good way) as the city itself.

It's good to be home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk back to me! Word Verification is gone!